Hey there kiddies! I know I already did a little bit of a post on giveaways, but didn’t include much info… before we dive into the topic, check this shiz out:
10 copies up for grabs, 16 days to enter and share… Get it!
Why are giveaways important for indie/small pubs, you wonder? Because we don’t have the power of a huge publisher, with a massive network of subscribers and reader, we have to spread the word by giving the words away for free! I suppose “have to” is strong, but it’s a good idea.
I like to run Goodreads giveaways because they’re very simple, and nearly always the giveaway winner will write a review once they finish the book. That’s pretty rare.
What are the main points, then!
Spread the Word About a New Release
P.S. You can use Rafflecopter for free, but the free version blows a goat. If you’re little, start with Goodreads =)
Increase Visibility of an Older Title or a Series
- Just revamped (I’m in the process of doing that for all my works now!), or
- You’re just looking for more reviews, or
- It’s the first book in a series and you want to get people into it and buying the rest,
Then this is for you!
What Giveaways Can’t Do/Other Cons
- Readers aren’t required to leave a review
- You won’t get bumped in the charts on Amazon/Apple iBooks/etc
- Cost is all up front and all on you
- The Post Office sucks